We love a Pool Crawl so we have done a few and therefore, have self appointed ourselves as Pool crawl Presidents!
So here is our Top 10 tips for Pool Crawling. Thanks to our Pool crawling partners in crime Brian and Pivo for helping us with the below.
- Have a small purse/freezer bag with 20ps and a couple of £1 coins ready for lockers.
- Try have dry bathers for each pool and if possible make them your “bigger” bathers as easier to get on over damp skin.
- Wherever there is a costume spinner, make sure you spin all wet swimming costumes. Also, maybe not approved use of spinner but a secret source says you can put your quick dry towels in the spinner as well!
- Have a plastic bag ready to keep wet stuff separate.
- Have spare goggles/caps, the tireder you get the more likely you are to start leaving things at pools.
- Only invite people who cope well when things don’t go to plan and are still happy(ish) when tired.
- Save a dry towel for the last pool.
- If you have long hair and there is a hair dryer at a pool, blitz the ends for 1 minute before leaving. Saves you hair dripping all over you on way to next pool. If you have short hair then go for a pre pool crawl trim.
- Check pool opening times against schedule day before event to reconfirm all ok. (Lesson Learnt!)
- Bring battery pack for on the go mobile phone charging.
Extra tip if you are pool crawling through London:
8/10 of the pools we went to were managed by Better (GLL) so we got day passes that cost £10.00. This allowed us to do all our Better dips for £10.